Thursday, May 27, 2010

Epiphanies and the Subconscious

I was having a bit of an off-day today. It was just one of those days where I felt overtired, and in sort of the mood to sit in a corner all by myself and just sulk. I hate those days. I just feel so powerless to do anything about it. But I had an epiphany at work, amidst my sulking. Here it is: some people I met at one of the churches we tried, got engaged recently. They hadn't been dating long, but they are wonderful people. I also have no doubt from an outsiders perspective that they are perfect for each other. But something happens in my subconscious when I hear this sort of news...it just sets the day off on the wrong foot. It leaves me lonely and exhausted. I don't know what it is about hearing that other people have found their soulmate, but it makes me sad rather than happy. Happy for them, of course...but sad. In this moment, all I can really think of is that Michael Buble song on the radio right now: "Haven't met you yet". And so it is...I just haven't met him yet. But I have faith that he is out there, that I'm not allowed to meet him until both of us are ready, and that when we do meet...it will be amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment