Thursday, July 2, 2009

Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day! Well I suppose looking at the clock now, Canada Day was technically yesterday. Happy Canada Day nonetheless. I certainly hope you got the chance to enjoy some Canada Day festivities - such as a parade - or my personal favorite - FIREWORKS! Oh how I love fireworks. I get totally mesmerized watching fireworks. All those pretty colors and flashing lights. Ahhh. I had to work tonight, but conveniently, the Leduc fireworks are situated in the baseball diamonds right next to the Rec Center where I work. Second convenience: I am a pool supervisor, I have the key to the roof. Best seats in the house, guaranteed. All day we heard rumors of a fabulously huge fireworks (sing.) 16 1/2, whatever that means. Biggest one in Canada, never before used in Canada. Straight from China. I had originally thought it would be in Edmonton, but it was in the Leduc Rep, and everyone was convinced it would be in Leduc. So sweet! Best seats in the house, for the best fireworks show in Canada. NOT. Unless we got ourselves so hyped up that we missed it, there were no special fireworks. Just the same ones we see every year. Normally I wouldn't object - like I said, I love fireworks! But they told me there would be a fireworks known as the nuke. I'm so disappointed! Maybe the other disappointment is due to Disneyland fireworks. Once you've seen those, well, nothing ever compares. Road trip anyone?

0 comments:

Post a Comment