Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thunderstorms

One of my favorite things about spring/early summer is the thunderstorms. I always sit on my bed watching out the window for every flash of lightening. As I get older the urge to go outside and get soaked increases. Last night we had a thunderstorm - but I was stuck at work! Ugh! Instead of frolicking in the pouring rain and watching the beautiful flashes of electricity I was watching children splash around inside. It didn't even last until we left work. Nope, when it was time to leave it had all cleared up and was sunny! I missed most of the spring thunderstorms while I was in Europe, and I can't even get a good one now that I'm back. Not fair.
My "real" summer begins today. That's because summer swimming lessons begin today. I get to teach all four sessions of lessons, and I really don't mind. I'm taking Education in University, so I'd better love what I do. The only problem with teaching swimming lessons so much is the perma-stench of chlorine that engrains itself into my skin. I'll have a weeks worth of hot showers before it goes away. Yuck.

Finally, the highlight of my day. Colette comes home tonight!!! Lucky bum has still been in Europe for all of June. Taking some classes, but nevertheless, still in Europe. I won't see her until tomorrow at work, but I'm so excited! Unfortunate souls, also known as coworkers, that have to put up with our reunion. Muwahahahaha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment