Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Relationships

Before anyone gets any ideas here, let me make something very clear. I like being single. I do not want a boyfriend right now. I just have a vicious cycle of emotions that I don't really know what to do with. Maybe its just my lack of experience with, well, being single. You see, two of my closest friends are in serious relationships. I am genuinely happy for them, and am glad they've both found someone that they will most likely marry and spend the rest of their lives with. But I'm jealous. Like I said earlier, I don't want a boyfriend. I want to be single right now. The vicious cycle part lies exactly there. I'm jealous, which to me means that I'm not happy with me yet. So I can't go looking for a relationship until I don't feel the need to be jealous anymore. But I miss the feeling of having a guy desire you. Someone who calls you, texts you, seeks to spend time with you. The other problem with having friends in serious relationships, is that they don't have time for you anymore. You maybe get to see them once in a blue moon between jobs, family time, and boyfriend time. I'm single, so I have all the time in the world. Sort of. I have a job and I have my family and that eats up alot of time. I'm grateful for my other single friends, they are the ones I'm close to now. But see my dilemma? I want to see these girls, and just do girl stuff. They don't have the time. Friendships, just like any other relationship, need to be two way. I hate being the one to always call, text, facebok, etc. trying to make plans. But if I don't, nothing happens. And then we start at the beginning again. Jealousy, frustration, and then back to my single friends (whom I love dearly) who have the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment