Monday, July 13, 2009

Something New and Exciting

It would seem there are quite a few of us struggling with writers block. I noticed that I hadn't blogged in a few days, and I felt the need for an update. However, I don't know what to write on either!! Even browsing a few of your blogs I didn't pick up any ideas in particular. I don't even do anything overly exciting to tell you what I've been up to. :( For example... Since I last blogged I have:
- been to work
- taught adorable children how to swim
- completed some
- incompleted others
- seen Transformers 2 (for the second time) in IMAX (for the first time)
- cleaned my room,
- let it get messy again
- paid bills
- got depressed at my lack of spending cash
- cheered up at the thought of getting paid on Friday
- got depressed at my debt from travelling such that getting paid does not result in spending cash
- browsed pictures from Europe and cheered up again
- gone shopping anyways
- had a weiner roast with Colette
- started planning "Kyra & Colette in Europe - take 2"
- slept in
- stayed up late
- watched most of the first season of The Mentalist (strongly recommend it)
- added to and counted up my movie collection (I'm at 80 - averaging each at $20 that would be $1600 worth of movies - wow)
- baked cookies
- baked cookies again
- got a swimsuit sunburn
- read the Twilight saga for the second time
- reminded myself why I dislike the lane pool at work so much (pool chemistry is frustrating sometimes...most of the time...always)
- got the oil changed in my car
- went camping at a friends cabin
- went camping with the fam

etc....

Tonight I'm going to see The Proposal with my Mom. We are in much need of a Mother/Daughter date. I'm no longer a little kid (even if my outward appearance deceives you), and we need time to work on being friends instead of just parent & child. I've wanted to see this movie for a while, but since all the other movies I want to see I've already made plans to see with friends, this one is for my Mom. I guess that's all I really do each week - work, sleep, and go see movies with friends. It's the easiest thing to do when you want to hang out - no matter how different your work schedules are, usually there is a late enough - or early enough - show playing somewhere in Edmonton. However, I seriously need something spontaneous to do. Something completely random that I can go camera happy with and just have a grand ol' time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment