Monday, November 1, 2010

Nervous, Excited and Anxious!

Nervous
- Finals this week and next week! I am almost done my last assignment, and only have two more days of classes. So close I can almost taste it!
- I'm teaching the "Matter and Chemical Change" Unit at Greystone Centennial Middle School, come November 15th
- I'm applying for an Schengen Visa (basically a Europe visa), and I NEED to get that application moving. Part of it is an interview, and interviews make me nervous...
- I'm applying for a bursary from the university to help with finances for Italy, and it also has an interview component...
- I leave for Italy in 2 months... and I will be gone three months! I have never spent that much time away from my family before.

Excited
- I can't wait to be done with finals, and spend more time in the classroom! So far, being in that Grade 9 class has been a real affirmation for me that I am heading in the right direction, career-wise.
- I leave for Italy in 2 months! I can hardly wait to immerse myself in the culture of Cortona!
- Flights are booked, I have travel insurance in place... almost ready!
- I found out that I do NOT have to quit my job while I am away. It just makes those preparations easier and more convenient... both for me and my boss.
- Looking forward to a few weeks off from school between semesters, spending time with a certain somebody and prepping for Italy!
- Josh, Colin and I went to the Ski and Snowboard Show this past weekend, I can NOT wait to shred some powder... come on winter!

Anxious
- There is so much to be done before I leave, just little things... but it is overwhelming!
- Finals always make me anxious, I just want them to be over with already!
- Teaching on my own... eep!
- I leave for Italy in 2 months! I am growing very fond of a certain somebody, and I'm not looking forward to being gone for three months... but the return home will be that much better!
- Finances will be tight, it makes me very anxious not knowing how everything will work out. I am trusting God to help things fall into place, it will all work out in the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment