Sunday, November 28, 2010

The time is near!

Have you ever experienced a moment where you need to stop and remind yourself to breathe?




Life is crazy busy. Good. But busy.




My ongoing to-do list leaves an anxious knot churning in my stomach, but it sure feels good to check things off my list!




The remainder of this update basically falls under three categories: Practicum. Social Life. Italy Preparations.

Practicum
Spending my days teaching is so much more fulfilling than sitting in university classes. Mentally exhausting? Yes. A lot of work? Yes. A huge learning experience? Yes. Worth it? YES. As I had hoped, this experience has been a confirmation that I am in the right career path. I'm definitely making mistakes (and hopefully learning from them), but I'm loving every second. Heading into teaching I had always thought I would want to teach high school, and never junior high. Now, however, I definitely feel the pull towards junior high. What an interesting age group! Granted, I hated junior high. But it is much more fun when you are the teacher! Chemistry is a lot of fun to teach, and I've learned that there is a LOT of prep work that goes into everything that teachers do. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I've also learned that when I forget something, stressing over it makes me slightly crazy. I have awesome mentor teachers who provide me with really good feedback, and overall the experience has just been really good. I finish December 17, and I know I will breathe a huge sigh of relief when it is over. But I also know I'm going to miss these kids and teachers.

Social Life
M & C - the two sides of my triangle - are insanely busy with school, since they are both trying to graduate this year. Add that to the fact that I'm not at the University right now, but rather in Spruce Grove, and it isn't surprising we don't see each other much. A further complication is the limited amount of free time I seem to have with all this planning/prep for my practicum. On the flip side, most of my free time seems to be spent with J. A certain somebody that I seem to like... a lot. And for some strange reason he seems to like me back. Curious to see where this is going to go with time. God is at the wheel of our lives and our relationship, so I can hardly wait to see what is in store for us!

Snowboarding season is finally upon us! Hoping to get to the mountains once (maybe twice)... before I give up my season for Italy.

Italy Preparations
Flights booked? Check. Leaving Jan 1st, returning Apr 4th. Insurance in place? Check. Funds in place? Check. Allow me to elaborate on this one. I have been really stressed about having enough money to relax while I am away, so I applied for a few scholarships. 1st one - a discount on my accommodations while I am gone, based on financial need. 2nd one - actually not a scholarship, I appealed my loan to get a bit more money. 3rd one - I forgot about it. I applied wayyy back in September, never thinking I had a shot. 1st one - Check! $1000 off my accommodations. Following this one I examined my situation and figured I needed about $1500 to make it through. 2nd one - Loans informed me they could give me ~$500 more. 3rd one - What a lovely surprise email informing me that I was receiving a $1000 scholarship. Necessary $1500? Check. Praise God! He seems to know exactly what we need, and when we trust that He will provide... He does.

After Dec. 17, when I no longer have to worry about practicum, the final details will begin to fall into place. Packing and tying off loose ends. This is going to be an adventure of a lifetime! Now, about leaving J behind. God is at the wheel, and if this relationship is something He wants for us... I know we will make it through. This doesn't mean I'm not going to miss him... a lot. Nor does it mean it will be easy. But it does mean that when I come home... that moment will be awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment