Monday, April 26, 2010

My Happy List

Several years back, while visiting a friends house at lunch I noticed this book called the "Happy List". Inside was just a list of all sorts of things that helped bring a ray of sunshine into the author's day. A while later, I was have a hard time. I don't remember why, but I was down and depressed a lot. So I made myself a happy list. I've since put it away in my desk drawer, and forgotten about it. It came to mind yesterday and I thought maybe I would share it with you! It definitely helped bring a smile to my face in a time of need, and I encourage you to try it someday!

lightening, thunder, cellphones, ipods, tree-forts, hammocks, tree swings, sunsets, sunrises, stars, snowmobiling, sand castles, canoeing, leather couches, mascara, chocolate covered almonds, oreos dipped in peanut butter, car fresheners, brand name clothes, Jones soda, fuzzy sweaters, talking on the phone all night, dolphins, view from mountaintops, high school band trips, water fights, scavenger hunts, iced tea, snowball fights, snow angels, corvettes, fireplaces, hot chocolate, disneyland, the ocean, white water rafting, hot showers, bubble baths, waterfalls, rock walls, jellybellies, hockey, blue eyes, islands, squishing mud between your toes, God's love, my best friend, my boyfriend (at the time), friends in general, family, high school, graduating from high school, cars, swimming, snowboarding, mountains, sunglasses, dresses, sweatpants, chocolate, roses, daisies, springtime, summertime, fresh rain, the smell of rain, buttery popcorn, asparagus, chicken, ice cream, strawberry sundaes, ice cream on cold days!, teddy bears, Stitch (Lilo & Stitch), apple cider, sleep, cuddling, holding hands, kittens & cats, puppies & dogs, pirates, music, acting, musical theatre, drama, movies, babies, lava lamps, snooze buttons, accessories, hats, shopping, paydays, shoes and boots, dancing, dizzy dancing, making snowmen, board games, MSN, shiny objects, candles, trampolines, romance novels, cologne, bowling, mini golfing, autumn leaves, lipstick & lipgloss, sleepovers, big screen TVs, dinner by candlelight, haircuts, weddings, birthday parties, bridges, roasting marshmallows, smores, campfires, camping, beaches, soda pop, thanksgiving dinner, FOOD, card games, class spares, Dance - salsa, tango, music, blank pages, acing tests, burps, black & white pictures, pillow fights, sledding, ice cream sandwiches, rainbows, poodle skirts, exercising, monkeys, archie comics, clear skin, lunch dates, window shopping, smell of spring, slippers, physics class (really?!?! I think it was my teacher), "boring" testimonies, fancy hotel rooms, surround sound, baking cookies, Mike's (my youth pastor) bad drawings, the picture of me in Jesus' palm - safe and sound, kisses, wildflowers, apple pie, cheesecake

Wow, that was a long list. Some of those things are definitely outdated, but they applied at the time. I think if I were to write a happy list again, less than half of those things would still be on there. Maybe I'll have to do that...maybe for my 50th post, which I noticed is coming up soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment