Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Anticipation

In reflection of my last post, I find myself in a state of anticipation. Not necessarily a state of looking forward to anything, as in being excited about everything that is to come. Some things yes, I'm excited for. But some things not so much. In the next few days, weeks, and months, here are some of the things I am anticipating:
  • The end of summer swim lessons. I enjoy teaching, this is why I am taking Education at the University. However, I am tired of being wet and chlorinated every day. I look forward to being dry for more than 3 days in a row.
  • Leduc Recreation Centre Pool's annual shutdown. I still have to go to work, partially because I am a supervisor at the pool, and I am (surprisingly) of use to them at this time. This one is more of an anticipation because it involves alot of cleaning. Not just every day wipe the windows type of cleaning. Actual dirt-on-your-knees cleaning. However, I do look forward to possibly learning something new about how the pool works though.
  • Camping! Last camping trip of the summer before I head back to school and we're headed to Saskatchewan. Yes!! Saskatchewan has better lakes than Alberta - by far. We are joining another family from our church for a few days in Meadow Lake.
  • The start of the 09/10 school year. Definitely just an anticipation. This means studying, lack of a social life, and more moths in my wallet.
  • Taking my IPT (first education practicum) second semester. Not sure yet if this is just an anticipation or something more exciting. I'm nervous, yet excited to do something more related to my career.
  • SNOWBOARDING! Please do not be upset with me, and understand that I LOVE summer. But I can not wait to shred some powder and get back on the mountains. I'm planning a trip to Panorama in BC for reading week with some friends.

That is all that is on my mind at the moment. I know there is probably more, since I tend to stress and worry about needless things. Big breath...one step at a time. Here we go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment