Sunday, February 7, 2010

Not Yet My Child

Weddings are everywhere. There are friends getting married, strangers getting married, even people just trying to find the right person to marry. But do you want to know what I've discovered is hardest out of them all?

Watching people younger than me get married.

Watching people younger than me marry their high school sweetheart.

Watching people younger than me go down the same path I did - but have it work out for them, and NOT end in a giant mess.

Don't get me wrong, I would NEVER wish my pain on someone else, but I see that and realize that it was almost me. Not necessarily that it should have been me. Well okay, it should have been me. But mostly that it was almost me.

I sit in church and scope out the crowd for eligible bachelors somewhere near my age. And then I look up and ask "when is it going to be my turn?" Do you know what I hear?

"Not yet my child. You are not ready yet."

1 comments:

One of the toughest things we can ever hear. I don't really understand why God's timing is the way it is. It usually doesn't make sense to me -- yet it always works out right for some reason. Somehow, our experiences in life manage to help people out. I hope someday that your experience will be a strong help and encouragement to others, whatever that may look like!
 

Post a Comment