Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Life as we know it

Realizing that yet again I've neglected to keep you updated on the happenings around my side of the world...

Reasoning for this? I'm surprisingly busy! I don't know how I do this, but my plate is FULL this semester! First off, I'm doing my first practicum - called my IPT. This involves a condensed semester at the University, with interrelated assignments and endless readings, followed by a 5 week term in a high school placement. Whew!

Secondly, I have signed up as a PartyLite consultant and it's a bit hectic getting that business onto it's feet! I do enjoy it though, it is so flexible! As Rachael likes to put it, I'm getting paid to show off amazing product, meet new people and eat good food!

Third, I'm still working as a lifeguard at the LRC. Lifeguarding and teaching lessons - routine and easy. I love the people I work with and I love my job. Most days. All jobs have their ups and downs, and I'm always grateful that I have the job I do.

Fourth! I'm preparing to go to Italy next semester! There are a lot of preparations involved for studying overseas, and part of that is ensuring that my finances are in order. I can't wait to explore Europe again and immerse myself in the culture! I really hope to begin to gain an understanding of the Italian language as well. Preparations include: student loans, flights, orientation sessions, student visa applications, travel insurance, etc...

Lastly (but certainly not least important), I've been getting to know someone. This relationship has indeed taken off and I'm enjoying every minute of it! However, I'm not going to dish details all over my blog...but I thought I would insert that tidbit of information as it pertains to my busy life.

It is always hard to get back into the routine of a new semester at school, but once that routine is figured out it's much less stressful. Now it's making sure I have time for everything I have to do, and then things that I want to do. Wouldn't life be easier if those were the same things?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On a completely different note, I'm planning to have an appetizer party for my 21st birthday with (hopefully) lots of people. But I need some more ideas for appetizers! Already on my list: Thai Ribs, Spinach & Artichoke dip, Chocolate Fondue (dessert), Stuffed baked potatoes, chili con queso, maybe wings....

Any other ideas? What is your all-time favourite appetizer?

2 comments:

My ALL TIME FAVORITE:: Deep fried Pickles!

My second favorite:: Stuffed Mushroom Caps.

I have great recipes for both if interested :)
 
Not MY personal favourite, but one I know many people enjoy: mozza sticks?
 

Post a Comment