Monday, July 5, 2010

Never Been Hurt? Not likely.

"Love as though you have never been hurt before"

I just wanted to ask if anybody actually knew how hard that is? Awesome quote, but it seems a bit unrealistic. I have trust issues, and I know that. But did you know that I think it is a good idea to give up dating? I mean, what is the point? You just get hurt. Here's my thoughts on this.

Dear Father God,

Please help me honour my decision to abstain from useless dating. I don't want a fling or a waste of time. I want to get to know people, make friends, know honourable men. I don't want to date them. I don't like to get hurt, so I don't like to risk getting hurt. I understand that I can't love if I don't risk, but I'm not ready to risk. I have come a long way from 2 years ago. It has not been an easy road. But I'm not ready to risk. So please help me honour my decision to abstain from useless dating. Allow my future husband to enter my life when the time is right, and let us be friends until we both know that by dating we have a chance at forever.

Amen

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now by saying I want to abstain from useless dating, I am not demanding that the next man I date be the man I marry. Because while that thought is hopeful and lovely - it is also unrealistic and unreasonable. But if I am to date another man who will not be my husband, I hope that it brings me one step closer to meeting the man I AM supposed to marry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment