Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Pros and Cons of Winter

Pros
  • Large quantities of snow
  • And thus, SNOWBOARDING!
  • Christmas!
  • Snow angels
  • Snowmen
  • Snowmobiling
  • Getting pulled on a tractor tire behind the snowmobile
  • Snowball fights
  • Tobogganing
  • Hot tubbing outside, getting out to roll around in the snow, and getting back in
  • Hot cocoa by a fire
  • Hot apple cider
  • Getting tackled by a very excited black retriever who, might I mention, LOVES the snow
  • Ice skating on the dugout
  • Just how beautiful everything is when it is covered in a blanket of frost and snow

Cons
  • -40 with windchill. Need I say more?
  • Walking between classes when its freezing cold
  • Icy roads full of people that have somehow forgotten how to drive
  • BEFORE the snowplow comes out, when I have to use my car as the snowplow to get up my driveway
  • Getting stuck because my car can't actually make it up my driveway through those snowdrifts
  • AFTER the snowplow comes out, when a two-lane street is really only one and a half

I think it is safe to say that I love winter too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment